1 lb jumbo raw shrimp (peeled, de-veined with tails left on)
1/3 cup whole wheat flour (cornstarch can be substituted)
1 tsp salt
3 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup Panko crumbs
For the dip
1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
To make the sauce, add the marmalade and Thai sweet chili sauce to a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until bubbly (about 30 seconds), then stir in the lemon juice.
1. Preheat oven to 500F
2. Spray the baking sheet.
3. Mix flour and salt in small bowl.
4. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture and shake off excess.
5. Dip floured shrimp in egg whites.
6. Mix panko and coconut flakes in a large plastic storage bag.
7. Add shrimp to panko/coconut mixture and shake bag.
8. Place on baking sheet.
9. Repeat with the rest of the shrimp.
10. Once all the shrimp is placed on the sheet, spray more oil on top.
11. Bake in the oven for about 7 minutes on each side (total cooking time about 14 minutes).