- 12 medium red potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes until just tender; drain. Peel and slice
- into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons
- drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. Saute onions in drippings
- until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, 1/2 cup water, vinegar,
- pickle juice, parsley, salt and celery seed. Simmer, uncovered, for
- 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into
- onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Pour over potatoes. Add bacon; gently stir to coat. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Bake: 30 min.