- 1 pound dry sea scallops
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cooked instant or quick-cooking brown rice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with curry powder, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beginning to sizzle. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- 2 Add cooked rice, cilantro, scallions, lemon juice and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt to the pan. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve the scallops with the rice.