- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined raw shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ cups non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (see Tip; optional)
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook 2 minutes less than package directions. Add shrimp, asparagus, bell pepper and peas and cook until the pasta is tender and the shrimp are cooked, 2 to 4 minutes more. Drain well.
- 2 Mash garlic and salt in a large bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Add the pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts (if using).
To toast pine nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes.