- 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp spiced seasoning mix, BBQ variety
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), pounded 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 6 cup(s) chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) canned yellow corn
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced fat ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup(s) semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat.
In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, mustard, BBQ seasoning, sugar, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, flipping once, until almost done, about 2 minutes per side. Next, baste chicken with reserved sauce a few times, flipping on grill while coating both sides with sauce, and cook until done, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove chicken to a cutting board and let rest for a few minutes before slicing.
In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, pepper, beans, corn and dressing; toss to coat. Top salad with chicken; garnish with cheese and scallions. Yields about 2 1/2 cups salad, 3 ounces chicken, 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon scallions per serving.
Notes: The BBQ sauce can be made up to 5 days ahead – feel free to play with other types of mustard or seasonings. The chicken can be grilled, sliced and chilled until ready to serve